Bitter melons (khổ qua) contain chemicals that have an insulin-like function to help lower blood sugar.
This type of vegetables has at least three active substances with anti-diabetic properties, including charantine, the one recognized to have blood sugar lowering function and vicine, an insulin-like compound called polypeptide-p.
Bitter melons (khổ qua) are used as a traditional remedy for cancer, asthma, skin infections, stomach problems, high blood pressure and diabetes symptoms.
Moreover, bitter melons contain very few calories; however; their dietary fiber is quite high. Thus, you can eat a large amount of bitter melon without taking in too much calories.
The next thing to mention is that natural amino acids in bitter melons (khổ qua) will help neutralize lipid in food we consume daily, prevent the process of fat accumulation under the skin.
Because of this, bitter melons (khổ qua) have positive impacts on weight losing.
(Canh Khổ Qua Chay) How To Cook Vegetarian Bitter Melon Soup With True Taste?
- 3 bitter melons
- 20 grams of carrot
- 20 grams of Vermicelli
- 1/3 tablespoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of Broth mix
- 200 grams of White tofu
- 20 grams of Wood ears
- 15 grams of Allium Porum
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1/3 tablespoon of pepper
- Cut the two ends of 3 bitter melons, then divide each into 3 girdles of equal size. Remove the guts and seeds inside the bitter melons. Put the girdles of bitter melons into a boiled water pot for about 2 minutes and then take them out, put them in cold water immediately.By boiling for a brief time and placing bitter melon girdles in cold water, the bitterness of bitter melons will be reduced and they also become softer more quickly.
- Mix the dumpling including 200 gram of white tofu that has been taken out the water, 20 grams of minced carrot, 20 grams of minced Chinese rice noodles, 20 grams of wood ears, 10 grams of Allium Porum, 1/3 tablespoon of pepper and one tablespoon of Maggi vegetarian broth mix, then put the dumpling into the bitter melon girdles and press it with your hand
- Boil a liter of water, then gently drop each bitter melon into the pot, cool for 20 minutes. When the bitter melon has become soft, add spices with 1/3 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of Maggi vegetarian broth mix, stir and then turn off the stove.
- Add some more Allium Porum then a yummy and charming-looking bitter melon will be complete! Beside the charming appearance, the soup also possesses a very delicious taste. The sweetness and the fatness are mixed with the slight bitterness of bitter melons. This is truly a simple and easy to make dish for your family.
You want a very frugal food, easy to prepare, but have an effective weight loss? All are fully shared in the article of “Canh đậu hủ non kết hợp rau củ – Making soup with young tofu and vegetables” for you to read.
Thank you for reading, if you like it, please like or share it